Thursday, May 28, 2015

Kira Kosarin Talks About Her New Nickelodeon TV Movie "One Crazy Cruise" And "The Thundermans" Season Three

Teen.com has unveiled a fantastic interview with Nickelodeon star Kira Kosarin! As part of her interview, below, Kira talks about her upcoming Nickelodeon original TV movie "One Crazy Cruise" (formally titled "Tripwrecked"), which Nickelodeon USA will premiere during Summer 2015, and season three of her hit Nickelodeon original comedy series "The Thundermans"!:
Love Ariana Grande? You HAVE to Meet Nick's Next Triple Threat!


How awesome was Cat Valentine? Better yet, how awesome is Ariana Grande?! We have a feeling that's what we all will be saying about 17-year-old Nickelodeon superstar, Kira Kosarin. She's the star of The Thundermans and even snagged a role in what we are sure will be the most LOL TV movie of the summer, One Crazy Cruise. Oh, and did we mention that she has a killer voice?

Recently, we had the chance to grab this star — when she wasn't too busy filming, dancing, learning lines or just trying to be a normal teen — and she told us all about upcoming projects and more. It's only a matter of time until she becomes a household name. When the inevitable happens, we can't wait to say, "told you so!"

Congratulations on One Crazy Cruise! Could you tell our readers a little bit about the movie?

"Thank you! I'm really excited for it to come out. I play Ellie, who is really different from The Thundermans' Phoebe. The movie is fun. It’s about a blended family — brother and sister, brother and sister — who don't necessarily get along. They have to come together to solve this mystery that affects all of them. They get hypnotized while on a cruise and wake up and have been ransacked by pirates. They basically spend the rest of the movie trying to figure out what happened while they were sleeping. It's really cute. It's a really fun, family film and I'm excited for people to see it."


Twitter (@riomangini)

What could you tell us about Ellie?

"Ellie is very, very smart, kind of too smart for her own good at times. She's very painfully shy and a little bit neurotic. She has to overcome that shyness and show the creativity that she has. She's really creative and talented and she just has it all hidden away because she's so shy. So she spends the movie trying to pull that out."

One Crazy Cruise has an all-star Nick cast. Was it a fun environment to work in?

"It does! Yeah, it's very cool. What's fun for all of us to work together is that we get to play different characters than what we play every single day. They pulled together Sydney (Park) from Instant Mom, Lil' P-Nut (Benjamin Flores Jr.) from The Haunted Hathaways and Rio (Mangini) from Bella and the Bull Dogs. It's really cool for the four of us from different shows to come together. We also had Sedona James on the cast and she is really lovely, so it was great to get to meet her. It was a really great cast."

[...]

The movie revolves around a wild family vacation, but what was the craziest memory you have from filming?

"Well, the movie takes place in the Caribbean, but, we shot in Vancouver where it was freezing! And raining! And cold! We had to be in tang tops, shorts and flip flops because we're dressed for a summer Caribbean vacation. We had a scene that was outside and it was like 28 degrees that day and raining! It was raining so lightly that you couldn't see it on camera so we were still able to shoot. There was this huge fan blowing on us. In the movie it just looks like it's this beautiful day during summer vacation, but it was so cold. We had little mini heat packs stuffed in our clothing wherever we could. It was really funny. I even had a scene where I had to fall into the water. We had a heated pool and there was steam coming from it because it was so much warmer in the pool than it actually was outside. I'm excited to see how it all looks. The magic of movies will make it seem like it really is a perfect summer vacation."

Let's talk The Thundermans. The third season just aired last month. What can fans expect to see this season?

"We just started working on the third season so we are kind of learning as we go what's happening for this season. I heard some rumors that Max will be getting some love interests which I'm really excited to see. And, Phoebes' relationship with Cherry obviously changes massively this season now that Cherry knows the family secret. It's just a whole new thing. We get to have so many fun new story lines with Phoebe and Chloe. There's a new Thunderman in the house and it's definitely changing things up this season! The girl they got to play her is absolutely incredible and we're having a lot of fun shooting with her."

Besides the whole superhero thing, do you feel like you and Phoebe are a lot a like?

"Yeah, Jack (Griffo) and I always joke that our characters are just heightened versions of ourselves. I get moments of massive clumsiness, nerdiness, I get shy around boys... and Phoebe is a combination of all those moments to an extreme. She gets really nervous and talks really fast, like I do. She's also a ballerina — that comes back in the third season. We have another appearance of that just because the writers know I am a ballerina. I actually just got back from ballet class as we speak! So, they wrote that in. I also think that Max and Phoebe's relationship is similar to Jack and mine's to an extent. We bicker like brother and sister and also love each other at the end of the day."

[...]

It sounds like a great environment!

"It really is. We always say how lucky we are. Because that's not always the case everywhere you go. We're very grateful that we have such a tight-knit family."

Thunder Girl has a bunch of different super powers, but what super power would you want in real life?

"I have a couple of answers to this question. Realistically, I would love to have the power to heal people or some amazing power that could save the world. Selfishly, I want to be able to teleport and fly so that I could travel the world without really long airplane flights. In the past six months I've had like eight different 15 hour flights. So, it would be really nice to skip that. Plus, who doesn't want to fly? How awesome would that be?"


Instagram (@kirakosarin)

Phoebe has some pretty big crushes. What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you in front of your crush?

"Oh, yes, so many! One comes to mind. When I first started hanging out with my current boyfriend — we first met after hanging out as friends for a few weeks — we went to dinner after a live taping of the show. It was us two and Jack and his girlfriend and our parents. We were all hanging out. I really liked him and was really awkward. I spilled a full glass of water on his lap! Then, the next week I spilled coffee on his lap. I still wonder sometimes why he puts up with me. We have this constant joke that I've poked him in the eye so many times. He's dating a klutz. I fully am aware of my klutziness. What can I say? It's my kryptonite."

Phoebe is trying her best to navigate her way through high school. What advice do you have for teens that are in the same boat?

"You know, that's hard. Honestly, I wish I had all the answers to high school. When I was in high school I wanted someone to give me all the answers to it. But, you can't. It's different for everyone and you kind of have to figure out what works for you."

[...]

Switching gears a little bit, you've posted a bunch of covers on your YouTube channel. Are there any current songs you would like to cover?

"Yeah, I know I did those a while ago. I want to get back to posting covers because there are a lot of great songs I want to do. It's been really hard trying to do that and The Thundermans. That's taking up a lot of my time right now. And I'm doing some post work on One Crazy Cruise, so I have a lot of stuff going on in the acting world right now. I'm still trying to dance and go to yoga and spend time with my friends, too. If you don't leave yourself time to do the things that you love you burn out really quickly. So, I'm trying to the best I can!"


Instagram (@kirakosarin)

Do you have any exciting projects in the works?

"Yes, actually I do! I did a little guest star on a little show which I don't know if it has been released yet. So, keep your eyes open. In the next six to eight months you'll be seeing me as a character other than Phoebe or Ellie."
Original source: ToonZone forums member Rex Kamex.
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon, One Crazy Cruise and The Thundermans News and Highlights!