Thursday, April 21, 2016

Sneak Peek Of New "School Of Rock" Episode "We Can Be Heroes, Sort Of", Premiering 4/23 On Nickelodeon USA

To celebrate Nickelodeon USA premiering the brand new School of Rock episode "We Can Be Heroes, Sort Of" on Saturday 23rd April 2016 at 8:30pm ET/PT, Nick USA has unveiled a super sneak peek preview from the all-new episode, which you can watch in the fantastic online streaming video clip here on Nick.com!


In the brand new School of Rock episode "We Can Be Heroes, Sort Of" (#108), when Tomika (Breanna Yde) tries too hard to be like her favorite artist, she unintentionally hurts her friends. Meanwhile, Dewey (Tony Cavalero) tries to prove his music credibility by claiming to know a music legend. In the super sneak-peek, "Be Like Demi", Tomika wants to be just like her idol but the band thinks she's taking things too far!

Additionally, to celebrate Nick USA premiering more all-new episodes of School of Rock Saturdays at 8:30pm ET/PT, Just Jared Jr. has unveiled a fantastic interview with Lance Lim, Ricardo Hurtado and Aidan Miner, who portray Zack, Freddy and Lawrence in the brand-new Nick show, which you can read below!:

Lance Lim, Ricardo Hurtado, & Aidan Miner Talk 'School of Rock' With JJJ!

Our favorite new show is definitely Nickelodeon's School of Rock!

In case you don't know, it follows a group of rule-abiding students — Zack (Lance Lim), Lawrence (Aidan Miner), Freddy (Ricardo Hurtado), Summer (Jade Pettyjohn) and Tomika (Breanna Yde) - who learn to take risks and reach new heights thanks to substitute teacher Dewey Finn (Tony Cavalero), a down-on-his-luck musician who uses the language of rock 'n' roll to inspire his class to form a secret band.

Throughout the school year, these middle-school classmates find themselves navigating relationships, discovering their unknown talents and learning lessons on loyalty and friendships.

We recently caught up with Lance, Ricardo, and Aidan at Nickelodeon's #BuzzTracks concert and here's what they told us:

School of Rock airs Saturdays @ 8:30PM on Nickelodeon!

JustJaredJr.com: What was the most challenging part of shooting about Season 1?

Lance Lim: The most challenging part of season one was getting used to my character.

Ricardo Hurtado: I think what was most challenging for me was my confidence. School of Rock was my first ever audition and so constantly seeing such amazing actors like my cast who had a lot of experience sometimes made me doubt my abilities. I was able to realize that I was there for a reason and that I was good enough as I continued throughout the season.

Aidan Miner: – The most challenging part of shooting season one was learning how to balance all the work we do with my school work. Eventually I got it down.

[...]

JJJ: What's your go-to-karaoke song?

LL: It would be "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.

RH: My go-to karaoke song is "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz.

AM: Some of my karaoke songs are: "Stressed Out" (twenty-one-pilots), "Treasure" (Bruno Mars), "Jailhouse Rock" (Elvis Presley) and "Let It Go" (Idina Menzel).

JJJ: What is your preferred instrument to play? Is there one instrument you want to try?

LL: Preferred instrument is guitar and I would be scared to play Mandolin.

RH: My favorite instrument to play is the guitar. I would love to try the piano!

AM: My preferred instrument is keyboard or piano. I'd like to try the saxophone – but I don't know if I have the lungs for it.

JJJ: Name one band or singer people may be surprised to hear you really like!

LL: I love Futuristic!

RH: Zayn Malik! He is awesome!

AM: People might be surprised that I like Queen – Freddie Mercury is so amazingly talented.

JJJ: What song can't you help but sing along to and dance?

LL: One song I can't help to sing along and dance to is "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon.

RH: "Work" by Rihanna.

AM: I love to sing and dance to "Shut Up and Dance" (Walk the Moon) – even before we used that song in the show.

JustJaredJr: What were you doing/where were you when you found out you got the role on School of Rock?

LL: When I found out that I got the role of School of Rock it was before noon, I was at home and heard my mom screaming from outside and she came running into my room screaming that I got the role, we both started to scream with happy dance.

RH: I was in school when my parents got the call that I booked the role, but my manager specifically told my parents not to tell me until she, my parents, and my agency were all available to tell me together, so I actually didn't end up learning that I got the role until later that night! It was the best feeling ever!

AM: I was at school and my mom picked me up for lunch and told me we were going for ice cream. Then she said my agent wanted to talk to me and over the phone she told me that I had booked the job! I was super excited – but worried that I wouldn't get the ice cream since it wasn't the real reason my mom picked me up for lunch that day. But, I still got an ice cream.

JJJ: What goes into preparing to do a performance in the show? (How long does it take to rehearse/etc.)

LL: Practically, we have about four days to prepare for each episode, including table read and rehearsals. Off set, I go over the script over and over to get the feel of the scenes to be able to perform my best in actual shooting days.

RH: It takes about three days of rehearsal as well as recording to get everything into shape for shooting.

AM: We rehearse two days on set and usually one day of music rehearsal. Then we shoot for three days. On my day off, I work on school and music and sometimes more on my lines – so it's a pretty intense schedule. One of our episodes, Lawrence has a solo song so I had extra voice and piano lessons to prepare for that for a few weeks before we filmed. It was sooo cool!

JJJ: What is your favorite song that was performed on the show?

LL: My favorite song to perform in the show was "Shut Up and Dance."

RH: My favorite song on the show is "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon.

AM: My favorite song to perform was "Shut Up and Dance." Close second is called "You Make Me Smile" written by Charlie Kogen.

JJJ: What is your favorite episode the show?

LL: My favorite episode from season one would be the finale episode due to it being the last one and because everybody grew into their characters with better understanding.

RH: The first one because it is the beginning of the journey and it is just simply a hilarious episode!

AM: My favorite episode is titled "Really Really Old Time Rock and Roll." Lawrence is president of the Spanish Club and I like a girl but I'm a total mess when I try to talk to her.

JJJ: What would be the name of your own album?

LL: The title of my own album someday will be Don't Think.

RH: I Need You.

AM: I think I'd go with something like Digitized because I like mixing & making electronic music. I dig Dubstep.

JJJ: Which musical artist are you dying to have on the show?

LL: I would die to have Tori Kelly on the show.

RH: I would love to have twenty-one pilots! That would be so sick!

AM: – If I had to pick one it would be twenty-one-pilots. But as long as you're asking, it would be great to have Ariana Grande, Guns 'n' Roses, and Green Day too.

School of Rock airs every Saturday @ 8:30PM on Nickelodeon.

###

Check out this super fun video of your favorite stars playing JJJ's "Lose Da Lyrics" game while backstage at Nickelodeon's #BuzzTracks Live Concert!

JJJ got performers Megan Nicole, Jacob Whitesides, and Conrad Sewell to hum lyrics of some of today's hit songs – and some throwbacks – as the cast of Nickelodeon's School of Rock guessed the names of the tracks!

The rule is you can't use the actual lyrics and all you can sing is "da da da!"

You may be surprised by which stars really knew their music as they guessed everyone from Justin Bieber to Ariana Grande!

Additional source: Zap2it TV Listings.
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon and School of Rock News and Highlights!