Sunday, July 30, 2017

Drake Bell Talks Josh Peck Wedding Drama, Says He's Open to "Drake & Josh" Reunion

It's all good between Drake Bell and Josh Peck.

The 31-year-old actor told ET's Sophie Schillaci on Friday during a Facebook Live that he and his former Drake & Josh co-star are on good terms again after the wedding drama.


Bell made headlines last month when he tweeted that he was not invited to Peck's wedding, writing in since-deleted tweets that "the message is clear….Loyalty is key… ALWAYS remember where you came from."

"We've been together 18 years, Josh and me, me and Josh," Bell explained to ET. "We've been so close, it was just one of those things where you know, I'd been talking to him, and he's been telling me about the engagement. And then I saw on social media, the wedding, and I didn't hear about it. So, it was just one of those things where it was just like, 'You didn't even tell me?! I had to find out on social media?' And then you're like, 'You know what!? Fine!' and then I'm like, wait, I probably shouldn't have done that."

"Yeah, I said the ties are cut or whatever, but I should have just texted that to him, you know," he continued. "I was just being cranky."

"You know, it's like sibling rivalry for a minute," Bell added. "But no, I mean we've gone through every up and down that you can think of that two guys can go through. I mean, we've done our 18 hour days on set and it's, 'What are you doing afterwards?'…'Going to your house and watching movies and playing video games,' even though we've spent all day together. And then there's other times where I'm only speaking dialogue to him. You know? It's like, 'Nope, sorry, I don't wanna talk, I don't wanna.' It's just what brothers go through, what best friends [go through] and it's the yin and yang of brotherly love."

As far as how much media attention the tweets received, Bell revealed that he was "shocked."

"I couldn't believe it! I mean, what a slow news day!" I was like, 'Trump, can't you tweet something?! Please! Like, just do something to get the attention off of this!'" he joked. "But yeah, I was really surprised and what I was more surprised at how the fans went after Josh. That bummed me out because I was reading the comments and thinking, 'Wait a minute, you know, I can say it but you can't!' I was like wanting to defend Josh, be like 'Whoa, easy guys, easy. This is between us.'"


Drake Bell and Josh Peck on the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards 2004 Orange Carpet. SGranitz/WireImage

The two have since talked and cleared things up.

"It is what it is dude. I love the kid," the former Nickelodeon star expressed. "I would work with him until I'm 80 years, you know. I wanna make Grumpy Old Men with the guy. I wanna make The Odd Couple when we're old, you know? So no hard feelings, It's just when you've been so close to somebody for so long, I mean, there's just certain things that you know, 'Hey why'd you do that? C'mon man.'"

So can we expect a Drake & Josh reunion anytime soon?

"You gotta talk to Peck, you gotta talk to Josh," Bell responded. "I would love to do it. I would love to. I mean, I always say in this situation, I'm the John Lennon of the Beatles. If there's time, if it's in our schedules and it's right, I would jump in it in a second. Because … there's actors that I've done TV shows with, movies with, another TV show with, a pilot with, and still don't have the connection that I have with Josh, you know? The chemistry … and what I have with Josh is so unattainable in this business."

For now, Bell is focusing on his music career and his latest single, "Honest." He also has two films, American Satan and Cover Versions, in the works. For more on Bell, make sure to subscribe to his official YouTube channel!


Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon and Drake & Josh News and Highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say by leaving a comment below! NickALive! welcomes friendly and respectful comments. Please familiarize with the blog's Comment Policy before commenting. All new comments are moderated and won't appear straight away.