Monday, July 31, 2017

"Pete & Pete" Star Danny Tamberelli To Marry Fiancée In Spring 2018

A huge congratulations are in order for '90s Nickelodeon star Danny Tamberelli and his fiancée, Katelyn Detweiler, who have announced that they'll be getting married next Spring!


Katelyn Detweiler

New Jersey native Danny (35), the star of '90s Nickelodeon favorites The Adventures of Pete & Pete, All That and Figure It Out, as well as '90s Nick UK favorite The Magic School Bus, and a performer in in three bands - Jounce, Undone Sweaters and Middle Blue - will wed literary agent and "Immaculate" & "Transcendent" author Katelyn Detweiler, a Marlborough Township native and graduate of Upper Perkiomen Valley High School, on Saturday 5th 2018. They will tie the knot in front of 250 guests in an old steel factory in Pennsylvania, where the bride grew up. Mike Maronna [Big Pete] will also be a groomsman at the wedding!


Danny Tamberelli and Michael C. Maronna
in The Adventures of Pete and Pete.

It's not clear where the two plan to hold the ceremony, but the odds-on favorites would appear to be either Phoenixville Foundry or the SteelStacks in Bethlehem.

The couple, who live together in Brooklyn, New York, recently sat down with Page Six to spill all the details on their relationship and the upcoming nuptials!



How and when did you guys meet?

Katelyn: Well, we were swiping on Tinder in September 2014.
Danny: When Tinder was the only thing around.
Katelyn: Bumble wasn’t hot yet, so it was like Tinder or bust and I saw this person that looked familiar, but he didn’t have any write-up under it. Usually, if a guy didn’t have any [bio], I thought that was sketchy and I would swipe left, but I recognized that face. I was curious and it was just the curiosity of, “Would he swipe right on me? Would we match?” And then we did, but then I thought, “I can’t message him first. I’ll feel creepy since there isn’t anything to go off in the bio.” I waited for him.

Did you think his profile was fake?

Katelyn: There were some pictures that felt more personal … but honestly, no.
Danny: Yeah, I had some pictures of me with my friends, like a likable guy, and me on-stage playing in a band.
Katelyn: I definitely had some friends in the lead-up to the first in-person date being like, “What if it’s not him? What if you’re being Catfished?”
Danny: And then me showing up 30 minutes late to our first date probably enforced that a little bit.
Katelyn: I was texting [friends] while I was sitting there debating whether to stay or not and I did.

Where was your first date?

Katelyn: Sharlene’s, a bar on Flatbush in Brooklyn. Very fancy first date.
Danny: Well I wouldn’t bring someone to a fancy place to impress them because that’s not the kind of person I am. And I wouldn’t lead with that foot being like, “Hey, let’s go to some crazy mixology place,” [and] then the next time [she’d ask], “Why are we at Sharlene’s? And why are you drinking a can of PBR?”
Katelyn: And you wouldn’t want to spend $15 on a cocktail in case you hated me.
Danny: Well, I guess that’s true too.


Katelyn Detweiler

When did you first realize you were in love?

Danny: I realized pretty early on that there was something really special. Kate and I have this really warped sense of humor and I don’t think anyone I’ve ever dated in my life has truly gotten or understood the weirdness and Kate is just as weird. It’s the best. There’s something to be said about that. I just knew this was something I’ve never experienced before. This is love. It was in December 2014, around Christmas.
Katelyn: Yeah, he said it in my childhood bedroom, Christmas weekend after going to my 10-year high school reunion, which, in hindsigh, was bold that I took him to that after three months of dating, but it was great. I was watching him there and that was when I was like, “I hope he says it soon.” He had been, like, with his finger, writing, “I love you” on my back and on my arm and whenever I would say, “What are you writing?” he wouldn’t say. He did say “I heart you” once.
Danny: Oh, boy. That’s something you don’t want to hear a 33-year-old say in real life.

How did Danny propose?

Katelyn: We went up to Montauk in March after it had been so nice in February. There were a string of weekends that were like 50 degrees and beautiful and we were like, “Let’s do a long weekend in Montauk.” So we were driving up on a Friday … in a snow storm. … So, we were rallying and were like, “Let’s go for a walk on the beach.” I had known maybe it was coming up soon, but he had told me he hadn’t talked to my dad and my mom had lied, too, and said nothing …
Danny: I put my phone in my pocket and I was going to video me proposing to her, get her point of view of it, but it was so cold on the beach that it juiced my battery and my phone died. I was like, “Aw, man! This is never going to work. Oh, I’ll ask her to take a video.” Usually when I ask her to take a video, I do something stupid to capture the stupidity for me for later. So she thought I was maybe going to jump in the water. I asked her if she was recording and I made a fake-out move to do something and I just came right back and got down on one knee in the snow and popped out the ring.
Katelyn: We went back to the Airbnb, drank some scotch, called our moms and families and then went to Shagwong [a bar in Montauk].

Is Mike Maronna [Big Pete] a groomsman?

Danny: Yes, Mike is a groomsman. He will definitely be in my wedding. I [asked him] on our podcast [The Adventures of Danny and Mike]. We were just talking about it when I came back from Montauk. The producer, Jeremy, is also in the wedding, so I just asked them both at the same time. Mike was very happy, which I thought was cool. I’ve known him since I was 7 years old and he’s one of my oldest friends.

Are any of the “All That” cast members coming to the wedding?

Danny: We’ll see. They’re on the A-list. I mean it’s on a Saturday and Kenan [Thompson] might be shooting Saturday Night Live at that point, but he’s got the date now. Josh Server will come from California for sure.

Where are you doing your honeymoon?

Danny: We’re looking at Portugal and Spain.
Katelyn: I said Italy, but he’s been there too many times.
Danny: I’m Irish and Italian and I’ve been to both of those countries just to make sure I knew where I came from. I’ve spent a lot more time in Italy than Ireland.
Katelyn: I like the idea of the Azores off the coast of Portugal. I feel like they’re not super fancy and popular yet. I want to go somewhere without Zika. Somewhere with water in Europe.
Danny: Without Zika.

All that's left to do is get Polaris signed on to perform "Hey Sandy" at the reception!



NickALive! has reached out to Petunia, Little Pete's tattoo, for her take on the news.


Katelyn Detweiler

Congratulations ya blowholes!

Watch all your '90s Nickelodeon favorites on NickSplat, your late-night destination for your favorite childhood Nickelodeon cartoons and live-action shows! NickSplat doesn't question football-shaped heads, but embrace them - along with Reptar bars, a Big Ear of Corn, orange soda, and even slime for Pete (and Pete's) sake. Make your slime-covered Nickelodeon childhood dreams come true every night at 10pm ET/PT, only on TeenNick USA! #NickSplat!

Additional sources: Philly.com, PhillyVoice.
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon, NickSplat and The Adventures of Pete & Pete News and Highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say by leaving a comment below! NickALive! welcomes friendly and respectful comments. Please familiarize with the blog's Comment Policy before commenting. All new comments are moderated and won't appear straight away.